By Stefaan Ghijs
Tonight we close 2018 and welcome the New Year 2019! The last day of December is traditionally the moment to look back at the past year and to see what we accomplished with our team.
2018 clearly is another momentous year for Fly Aeolus. A lot of good and nice memories have been made! Hereby we would like to share a few of them with you.
The Highlights of Fly Aeolus in 2018
– We enjoyed a strong growth in 2018: 24% rise in flight hours compared to 2017
– In the month of October 2018 we exceeded the same amount of flight hours logged in 2017
– We welcomed 25 new customers
– We increased the size of our fleet with one extra Cirrus SR22 aircraft
– We welcomed 3 new pilots and two new colleagues at our offices
– We are seeing a strong and steady growth for our services in France and Germany. Therefore we started expanding our services in these countries
We saved our passengers time in 2018!
– The longest flight was 4:06 hours while our shortest flight was 0:11 minutes
– The average amount of passengers per flight was 2.4 passengers
– Our all-time record: the shortest passenger check-in time or the time between meeting the pilot and boarding the aircraft was only 5 minutes
– We flew baby’s as well as pets
Which air taxi airports did we fly to?
– Leisure flights to islands and skiing holidays were hot this year
– We landed in the middle of the car racetrack Goodwood
– The largest airport we landed at, was Amsterdam Airport Schiphol in the Netherlands
– The smallest airport we landed at, was Arras Roclincourt in Northern France
– We landed on grass fields, small airports, military airports but also on mayor airports like: Geneva, Paris, London, Berlin, Brussels and Luxembourg
Underneath you can find a small selection of airports we visited.
And last but not least we had a lot of fun!! If the current trends continue, 2019 is expected to be another momentous year for Fly Aeolus. 2019 is also the year in which we celebrate our tenth anniversary.
The whole Fly Aeolus teams thanks you for your business in 2018 and we would like to wish you all a successful, healthy and prosperous 2019!!
We hope to welcome you on board again in what seems to become a fantastic new year!