By Marine Proudhon
Flying does not depend on age. That’s right! However, travelling with an elderly person or a small child is a little different then when you are flying alone or with other adults. Before you consider a holiday without a flight, read our tips and tricks for travelling with an elderly person and toddlers to make the flight as smooth as possible. With these tips and tricks, you and your loved ones will arrive healthy and happy on your holiday destination for sure. We also explain why a Fly Aeolus Air Taxi flight is the best way of travelling for young and old.
Plan the journey when travelling with an elderly person or a small child
1. Getting checked by a doctor
Even if you consider yourself or your loved ones to be “as fit as a fiddle”, a visit to the doctor before starting the journey is advisable. The differences in altitude when flying, or the climate at the holiday destination can quickly cause a swift in health. The doctor will give you tips on how to cope with the changing weather conditions and will give you any necessary travel medication.
2. Medication and necessary utensils for childcare
Very few people manage to live to old age without medication. In order to avoid trouble at your holiday destination, ask your doctor to confirm which medicines you need to take. It is best to take two sets of medication with you, one for hand luggage and the other should be stowed in your suitcase. No one wants to spend precious vacation time with loved ones in a foreign country trying to search for the necessary pharmaceuticals. The same applies to any utensils you may need to take care of your child during the flight. Early planning is the key to success here so that you do not run out of time before departure.
The most strenuous part of travelling with an elderly person is that they have to sit for long periods. This requires not only patience, but also strengthening vein training. Your legs are exposed to enormous strain, especially on long-distance flights. To prevent thrombosis, you should drink a lot, move your legs from time to time or even wear thrombosis stockings.
3. Sufficient insurance cover
With small children and senior citizens, you should be prepared for the fact that the long-awaited holiday must be cancelled or postponed because the child or senior has fallen ill at short notice. Others suffer an accident or injure themselves on holiday. So, make sure you have a good travel and health insurance so that you do not have to pay the costs of cancellation or hospital fees. It is advisable to select an international health insurance. This will cover all costs if you are unable to return home on your own.
4. Shortly before the flight
It is very important to eat something before the flight. A trip makes everyone hungry and it may take a moment before the opportunity to enjoy a snack on the plane arises. So, give your little ones a small snack and change their diaper before the flight. This makes the flight a lot more comfortable.
Advantages that Fly Aeolus offers you
With Fly Aeolus, carefree and uncomplicated travel is possible for young children and up to an advanced age. Our service makes flying easy and comfortable for children and older passengers.
- The Fly Aeolus team will plan your entire trip, you don’t have to bother with complicated bookings or check-in procedures. It is also possible to order a taxi to the airport, and upon arrival to your desired final destination.
- In lively places like an airport, good orientation is required, which is a test of patience for some older people or when travelling with children. Not with Fly Aeolus! No waiting in crowded airports at check-in or in security queues. Fly Aeolus always depart from smaller airports or business terminals, you can arrive at your destination only 15 minutes before departure. These airports are generally closer to where you live and can usually be reached within 20 minutes, saving you a long car journey to a large airport. Furthermore, you choose with whom you fly. Whether alone or with the family, noise pollution for your little ones or hectic schedules are a thing of the past!
- You choose the time when you want to fly and do not have to stick to the schedules of commercial airlines!
- The pilot welcomes you personally, stows your luggage and helps you into one of our Cirrus SR22 aircraft
- Your luggage will not get lost due to the fact that it is continuous in your vicinity
- The cabin of the Cirrus provides plenty of space and legroom
- Since the private flight business has different safety rules, you do not have to limit yourself to liquid quantities as is the case with commercial flights. It is therefore easy to carry medicines or baby food on board the aircraft
- Don’t be hesitant to request a helping hand. If you have any questions or concerns, you can always turn to our pilot and ask for help!
Did you know that Fly Aeolus also makes it easy to fly with a pet? Check out our blog for more information: Relaxing Pet Travel by private jet or air taxi!
To learn even more about how and when it’s right to book an air taxi for your private flight, check out our other blogs!