Do you believe that air taxis are the future? Are you looking for a challenge in operations or logistics? If so, you may be our next flight operations intern. We’re looking for new support for our operation team from August 2022 for 6 months in Rotterdam.
Fly Aeolus is the first European company that offers on demand air taxi services using single piston aircraft under a fractional ownership model. At the moment Fly Aeolus operates 15, and growing, Cirrus SR22 aircraft. We are expanding our ambitious team in Rotterdam, the Netherlands with a flight operations manager that is passionate about aviation and eager to be a part of the development of the airline of the future.
What will you be doing?
As an intern in Flight Operations you will make an important contribution to safe flight and ground operations. This is Fly Aeolus’ highest priority! The activities include:
- Schedule the relevant aircraft and pilots for the planned air taxi flights
- Dispatch the flights while making sure that preparations are compliant with the latest regulations
- Collect all required information concerning the flights which needs to be communicated with the pilots
- Request the relevant permissions and services for all flights like airport slots, landing permits, customs and handling
- Determine the most suitable routing with regard to national and international regulations and meteorological conditions
- Prepare the flight briefing package for the pilot
- Search for Cirrus SR22 aircraft partners in high demand area’s throughout Europe that can be added to the Fly Aeolus fractional ownership pool
- Resource pilot’s compliant to our minima
You are the first point of contact for the pilot and client and you supervise the operation before, during and after the flight. The standby activities include:
- Monitor all flights real-time and assist pilots on-duty towards any changes in the flight plans, latest weather conditions information provisions, flight delays or flight rescheduling
- Update the customer in case of a delay or schedule change
- You have a go-getter attitude
- You are able to work with a sense of ownership, in a team as well as independently
- You are proactive, you project good decision-making skills and work in a structured way
- You show strong communication skills and have excellent English language skills (verbal & written).
- You are stress resistant
- You are super customer-friendly, nothing is too much to ask and you do everything within reach to make Fly Aeolus’ customer happy
- Available to work according the flight schedules, this can be early morning, late evening or during the weekends
- You have good MS-Office skills
What we’re offering
- An exciting and challenging job in aviation
- An internationally active company
- An open and respectful corporate culture, with an organization characterized by short lines
- An enthusiastic team in a fast-growing company
This position is located in our Rotterdam (the Netherlands) office.
If you are looking for this new challenge and meet the above requirements or you would like to receive more information regarding this internship, please submit your CV and motivation letter to Stefaan Ghijs at email@example.com or contact us at the same email address.